27 March 2007

Bizarro

There was an Evangelism committee meeting today and being unemployed I could actually make it so off I trotted to church at noon. I hadn't planned on that, but I picked up the church newsletter off the floor and saw the calendar with the meeting time on it so I went. First time in months. They have a lot of cool stuff going on.

After the meeting, my pastor and I had a long talk. Apparently the assistant pastor, a Licensed Local Pastor is leaving our church and not taking another church -- she's leaving the process to go back to school full-time to get her MTS. She'll be working as an Admissions Rep at the University. We are both shocked. Leaving the process is a very big deal.

The assistant pastor position was created especially for her, and they won't be hiring someone in her place. Our talk today covered some of the responsibilities I'll be taking over as I proceed into candidacy. It's exciting but a little daunting. All I can do is pray that I continue to hear God's call.

People are telling me how great last week's Lenten Study was, and are asking me to do a study in the fall. That's good confirmation for the plans I have in place.

The agency called me today to let me know a company would like to do a phone interview with me. So I am calling them tomorrow morning. Busy day.

It's 75 degrees out today. Gorgeous.

No comments: