09 January 2007

Mudpie

Today I had a short To Do list. I also got evaluated on how well I respond to calls. I didn't do too bad. In fact, I got the impression they were trying to find things to say. What they did say was useful.

I still hate the job, though.

Regardless, I made it through the day. And I managed to do it without obsessing about the ordination process. It's going to take me 5 years. Obsessing for 5 years is not on the plan. I do enough obsessing on a day to day basis. I don't need an over-arching obsession.

Tonight it is a writing night. I've got the iPod hooked up to the stereo and the laptop ready to go. My main problem is that I write very concisely. I've been praised for that in the past but now I'm writing fiction... I need to be rich in the details. So my plan is to write the whole thing out, then go back through and read it and think through where the details need to go. That's the way I've gotta go for right now.

No comments: